If you’re unable to find a post that you have made on Craigslist, chances are that the post has not yet been submitted into the posting queue. Once your Craigslist post reaches the end of this queue it will be posted automatically. However, if you are in a hurry to make your ad go live, you can always do so manually by following the article.
Craigslist, like most other sites that require paid signup, prohibits the use of proxies. This means that if you’re trying to access Craigslist using a proxy service your post will not be approved and will never go live. We at Sellhoo know this firsthand since we have researched Craigslist extensively in creating our own Craigslist scraping tool. While there are various proxy options available, they are all very time-consuming and simply not worth the hassle when you consider how much money it costs to buy each one. Keep reading: How to protect privacy on Facebook
1. Click on the “Post to Classifieds” tab at the top of the Craigslist homepage.
2. Select your city and the appropriate category for the post.
3. Add your specific ad info in the box titled “Enter additional information…”
4. Scroll down to where it says, “Please do not enter HTML.”
5. Click “HTML” below this line.
6. Paste the code you copied from your Craigslist post into the box here.
7. Click “Submit for Review.” This will take you back to the original page where your ad info is listed, but now there should be a button that says “Sell Post.”
8. Click on “Sell Post” and your post will be live on Craigslist!
Once your Craigslist ad has been approved and submitted into the posting queue it should go live within a few minutes.
Craigslist posts are automatically submitted into the posting queue when using Craigslist with a Sellhoo account, but if you are experiencing issues with this you can always go back to your post and click the “Post it now” button. Doing this allows you to bypass Craigslist’s queue system and have your post live right away.
Craigslist has a fairly difficult interface that might be why some are unable to find their own posts, especially considering there is no “search” option on the site. If you are having trouble finding your posts on Craigslist, Sellhoo offers a free Craigslist post finder that will comb through all of your posts and bring them directly to you.