Minecraft continues to be a trend in the world of video games. This successful construction-based video game lets you explore an open world without a specific mission. The aim of the game is free construction through the use of three-dimensional cubes and featuring numerous characters. For all these reasons, Minecraft has become the fashionable video game that already has an educational version applied to the classroom. If this Carnival or Halloween you want to be the most original, we suggest you bet on video game costumes and this one full of pixels is one of the most fun options.
If you are wondering how to make a homemade Minecraft costume, we give you the answer. Steve, Creeper, Ender Dragon, etc. Choose which Minecraft character you want to be and prepare the perfect and most original costume.
You may also like to read, dorian rossini. To know more visit our Blog https://www.themadething.com/make-selfies-dorian-rossini/
How to make a homemade Minecraft costume?
Using a square box, you can make the disguise many of the Minecraft characters. If you want to surprise people in Carnival dressed as Steve, take note and do the following steps to make a Steve Minecraft costume :
- Take a square cardboard box and fold the lids inward.
- Next, cut the eyes to the level of yours, or whoever will disguise Steve as it is also a good Minecraft costume for children to be seen correctly while wearing the costume.
- To make the inner part more comfortable, put foam rubber on both sides and glue it on, so it will be more fluffy and it will be perfect for holding the box on your head for longer. With the foam rubber, you will achieve, the box is fixed, preventing it from moving and causing discomfort.
- Now that you have the box ready, it’s time to reproduce Steve’s face, the character chosen for this costume. You have two options: either download a template online, adapt it to the box’s size, or use tempera or paper cutouts to create the mosaic of pixelated squares that will represent Steve’s face.
- If you use the classic method, you should make the paintings with the following colors: black or brown for the hair and beard, blue for the eyes and different shades of flesh color for the skin.
- To make the body, you also have two options: either complete the look with jeans and a light blue shirt or continue creating the costume with more boxes.
- The body will be divided into three separate pieces. You can join them later with liquid glue or leave them separately for much more mobility.
- Use rectangular boxes, covered at the ends, to create the arms. Remember that they should have the same measurement as the arm of the person who will dress up, so if a box does not work for you, you can join it using ties or glue.
- The sleeves must be the same light blue as the body and then skin-colored for the rest of the arm and hands, simulating a short-sleeved shirt.
- To improve comfort, drill two holes at the top of the end of the hands (not front), through which you can also hold Steve’s famous sword or other tools.
- The body will consist of an elongated box painted sky blue. You can leave it open at the bottom so that the legs come out and wear a denim to finish simulating the character or do the same process to create the pants using shades of dark blue.
- For the feet, we recommend wearing brown or black sneakers that are comfortable.
- If you want to make a tool, such as a sword, you can also print it and stick the paper on a cardboard cut out with the appropriate shape or, paint it on said cardboard. Another option is to use thick foam rubber or other similar material in blue and brown shades to create the sword pattern.
Minecraft Dynamite Costume
Among the original video game costume ideas, we find this option: dress up as Minecraft dynamite. It is very simple to do and you can have the most original costume with a large box. Follow these steps to make a homemade Minecraft dynamite costume:
Use a large box. We will not use it on the head as in the previous costume, but it will be for the body. Therefore, you must make two holes through which you can pass your arms and be completely comfortable, as well as a hole in the upper part to be able to insert your head. Take your measurements well or those of whoever will dress up as dynamite for these holidays since this Minecraft costume has to be made to measure to be comfortable.
Once you have the base box made to measure, you must paint it following the dynamite’s design. Paint it red and with the shape of the cartridges, to delimit them you can make a shading of black or darker red, and also leave a band in the center of the body in white, where you can paint the letters “TNT” following the model of the pixelated with squares, so characteristic of this game.
If you want the costume to be much more original, you can complete the illusion by creating a cord or cable that you can place on top and represent the dynamite wick and place a strip of lights that simulate the burning wick.
Ender Dragon Homemade Costume
If you love Minecraft and want to dress up as the dragon character or if you are looking for a good homemade Minecraft costume for a boy or girl and you have thought that this may be the best one, you will have to follow these instructions to make the Ender Dragon homemade costume. To achieve this, you must follow a process similar to the previous ones and use a square box for the head and a smaller and rectangular one to create the dragon’s snout.
Take a large square box, but one that is suitable for the disguise to hold on the head, and fold the lids inward.
Next, cut the eyes to fit the person to be dressed up. Remember that they must be square to continue with the Minecraft aesthetic. You can cover the area with a black gauze type fabric so that it is concealed but can be seen well.
In addition, apart from the eye area to allow visibility, you will have to paint the two large eyes of the dragon with purple, pink or fuchsia, just above the area made to be able to see, as well as paint a piece of the snout simulating the mouth or the tongue if you want it so visible.
- Place a smaller and rectangular box across the front of the head. It must be glued horizontally, which will make the muzzle of this character.
- The entire face should be created with black, dark gray and light gray paper or tempera. You must simulate the pixelated squares, both in front, behind and on the sides.
- Using foam rubber or more cardboard, create small rectangles painted gray and glue them to the back of the box to create the Ender Dragon crest. They should go from the head, through the shirt and the tail.
- To create the tail, use black socks, fill it with newspapers, and then sew it to the pants.
- Finally, create the wings with felt to give them more mobility. Remember that they must be black and you can include white or gray stripes to make the shape of the wings and make them look much better. Then sew them to the sleeves and armhole of the shirt you will be wearing.
- Remember that it is important to wear all black to go as Ender Dragon, so wear comfortable black sneakers to last longer in disguise. The head made from a square box, the crest made of foam or cardboard, the tail and wings made of fabric or felt will add the finishing touch to this costume.
Minecraft zombie costume
If you keep wondering how to make a Minecraft costume for children or if you want to dress up as another character because the previous ones have not convinced you, take note that another of the famous characters in the Minecraft video game is the zombie. So if you are thinking of creating a costume based on the video game, this may be a safe bet. As in the other cases, you can create this costume with the help of two boxes, one for the body and one for the head, or more, if you want to make the maximum possible costume with boxes to have a more pixelated effect. Follow these steps to make the Minecraft zombie costume :
- Take a square box suitable for the head and fold the lids inward.
- Cut out the eye holes in the shape of a square.
- To be the authentic Minecraft zombie, you must paint the head with dark green, light green and even green mixed gray. Remember that they should always be based on little squares that help us think about the video game’s typical pixelation.
- To create the body, you will need a larger box that you will have to paint in light blue.
- If you have a green long-sleeved shirt, you don’t have to create full sleeves, but you can always make the arms through two rectangular boxes, as we’ve seen with Steve’s character.
- The zombie wears short sleeves, so you can make two pieces of light blue cardboard and glue them to the box to simulate short sleeves and then show off your arms with the green shirt.
- Finally, don’t forget to complete the outfit with some navy blue jeans or encourage yourself to prepare more boxes to make the pants, with the holes for the feet to come out and made in two pieces to allow the knees to bend when walking.
- For zombie footwear, you can use black, blue or brown sneakers.
Minecraft Creeper Costume
Another good option is to create the Green Creeper costume. As with the previous costumes, you can make the Minecraft Creeper costume by working with cardboard boxes.
Take a good size square box to make the head and fold the lids inside.
Cut out the eye holes in a square shape.
Following an image of the reference of Creeper’s face, make a mosaic reproducing the pixelated squares. The head should be many different shades of green, including green with a hint of yellow or gray, and the mouth and eye contour should be black and dark green. Another possibility is that you look for Minecraft skins in stores since these characters are available in the market, just like Steve’s.
Once you have the head, prepare a larger box to make the body. Remember to make two holes at the arms’ height and one in the upper part that allows you to insert the head.
Drawing the body is very simple. You just have to continue creating the mosaic with the various green tones, from very light green to dark green, but not as dark as the one used for the eyes and mouth’s contour.
Finally, to give a more Creeper feeling, wear completely green, both the shirt and the pants and, if possible, the sneakers.