Clothing fit for the Autumn seasonOctober 4, 2021
What to buy for a teen son?October 5, 2021
Think that car theft is no longer a problem thanks to better technology? Unfortunately, theft of vehicles is still a major problem. Here are some truly astounding facts about car theft from around the world:
- Bermuda is one of the worst places in the world for car theft. Back in 2016, the theft rate was over 1,200 for every 100,000 people. Authorities recently reported that car theft is still a major issue on the island.
- In New Zealand, a car is stolen every 21 minutes. Two of the worst places for theft from vehicles and vehicle theft were Wellington and Auckland.
- Israel in 2019 saw a huge rise in the number of thefts from heavy goods vehicles. This dropped once a major crime syndicate was busted in July 2019. The thefts specialised in computerised dashboards that heavy vehicles had installed and they would then ransom for their return.
- In Vancouver, Canada there are approximately 40 car burglaries every single day. According to police, drug addicts break into cars to steal anything of value to feed their habit. Dealing with drug problems could go a long way towards lowering car crime in the city.
- With a whopping 214 car thefts for every 100,000, Brazil is the leading car crime capital of Latin America. Around half of these involve carjacking at gunpoint with compact hatchbacks and pickups often being the thieves target.
- Car theft has actually reduced in Mexico and in Turkey’s Istanbul. Istanbul has seen a 33% drop in theft and just a third of residents report being concerned about their cars being stolen. To keep your vehicle secure, consider a Ghost Car Alarm from https://www.mphvehiclesolutions.co.uk/ghost-vehicle-security
- Your car is likely to be very safe in Japan. Rates dropped from 144 to just 28 per 100,000 population following a concerted effort by Japanese authorities to clamp down on the issue with a greater police presence and more camera coverage.
- Honda Civics are the most targeted vehicles in the U.S. 38,426 were stolen in 2018, making up 5% of all vehicles stolen in that year. Older models are targeted due to their lack of anti-theft protection. Honda Civics also have a high resale value.
- On average, 38,000 people a year are the victims of carjacking.
- In America alone, 40,830 motorcycles were stolen in 2019.
- In snowy states like Michigan, Wisconsin and Minnesota, snowmobiles are a highly prized target of thieves. Over half of these units are never returned to their owners. It’s a tough crime to solve as most units are immediately stored in outbuildings and garages.
- Of all the vehicles recovered after theft, Tesla is the most returned vehicle. Tesla’s return rate is 39% higher than that of other car makes.
- The most popular brands of motorcycles to be stolen include Honda, Harley Davidson, Kawasaki, Yamaha and Suzuki.
- New York City is the worst place in the U.S to own a motorbike with 1310 thefts in 2018.
: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/report5097/public_html/wp-content/themes/betheme/includes/content-single.php
on line 286
The writer of this article, currently manages his own blog moment for life and spread happiness, and is managing to do well by mixing online marketing and traditional marketing practices into one.